Curriculum Vitae of Victor Alan Kline
- Sydney Boys’ High 1964-1969
- University of Sydney Law School 1970-1973
- Admitted as Barrister Supreme Court NSW 1974
- Admitted Barrister and Solicitor Supreme Court NT 1975
- Admitted Barrister and Solicitor High Court of Australia 1976
- Prosecutions Department, Commonwealth Deputy Crown Solicitor, Sydney, Jan 1974- September 1975
- House Counsel, Paul Everingham & Co, Alice Springs & Darwin, September 1975-September 1976.
- Senior Legal Officer, Australian Legal Aid Office, Alice Springs, September 1976-December 1978. Acting Principal Legal Officer and Officer-in-Charge, April 1977-October 1977.
- Private Bar (NSW) 2016 – Continuing
- Commissioning Editor, Butterworths, April 1980-September 1983
- Managing Editor, Law Book Company, September 1983-January 1990.
- Reporter Australian Law Reports 1980-1983
- Reporter The Family Law Reports 1980-1983
- Reporter Australian Criminal Reports 1982
- Reporter Law Reports of the Commonwealth (UK) 1986
- Editor South Australian State Reports 1986-1988. Volumes 43- 49
- Editor Federal Court Reports 1990 – Continuing.
- Editor Federal Law Reports 1995 – Continuing.
- The Macquarie Book of Events (Non-fiction – Contributor). Published 1983
- Golden Dagger Mysteries (Short Stories – Contributor). Published 1993.
- Rough Justice (Novel). Published 1994. Republished 2013
- The House at Anzac Parade (Memoir). Published 2014
- 42 Avenue of the Americas (Novel) Published 2015
- New South Wales Bar Association
- New South Wales Bar Association – Human Rights Committee Member
- Australian Lawyers for Human Rights
- The Walter Reid Memorial Prize, for Academic Merit, University of Sydney, 2010
- The George Arnold Wood Memorial Prize, for First in History, University of Sydney, 2011
- The AE (Tony) Cahill History Prize, for Best Student in Late Modern History, University of Sydney, 2011.
- The Walter Reid Memorial Prize, for Academic Merit, University of Sydney, 2011
- The Road Back from Kafka’s Castle: Towards a Better System of Visa Application and Review in Australia (Alternative Law Journal, Melbourne, 2018)
Acting, Theatre directing, Singing, Playwriting, Theatre reviewing, Cricket, Swimming, Tennis, Reading